Saturday, November 8, 2014

Homemade Halloween Warts DIY

As promised, here is the tutorial on how to make homemade Warts for your Halloween Witch Costume.  It is actually super easy!  And I search Pinterest and Google for some diy instructions and this video is where I found the answer.  So while I blog about my creation, I was mostly inspired (taught) by this special person on YouTube:
 
Fake Wart make up tutorial  -- I literally Lol'ed watching this girl!
 
Here is is, step by step,  via pictures.  You will need
  1. Hot glue gun
  2. Dark hair (I cut it off my witch hair wig)
  3. Make up base or green paint (whatever matches your costume skin tone)
 
 
Make the warts on wax paper, add the hair sticking straight up.  Let dry.
 





Color the wart the desired color and then apply with the foundation or green paint you are using that day, just a dab on the bottom.  I also tried Spirit Gum, the glue used in theater productions, etc, but didn't find it to be that much more effective than just a dab of make-up.  Also, could use double sided tape. 

 
I found with the green (cheap) face paint I purchased, it worked better to just apply foundation then brush with some green eye shadow I had on hand.
 


Good luck fellow witches!!!  And thanks to the YouTube girl for her fabulous tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment